Sunday, October 26, 2008

Donald's sailor songs

'Chances' by Donald

1. I'm laying the bed in my cabin,
and I think for a while.
Then I dream the past days that happen to me.
Yeah-Yeah-Yeah.

2. When I was a little boy,
We go together with my brother to the sea.
Riding the small boat and catching the fish every day.

3. Then when I grew up,
And I have my own decision in my life.
Doing some bad things, and some good things
sometimes...
Yeah-Yeah-Yeah.

Chorus
But I realise, nothing will happen to me.
So I change my life
and take the chances that the God give to me.

4. And now I can't imagine,
I'm working in the ship, and go the places
That I see only in my dreams, oh-oh-oh.

5. And very soon I go home,
and take my vacation I'll stay at home
for few months and back again the ship,
and leave the home for long time.

Chorus
But I realise, nothing happen to me
So I change my life and take the chances
that the God give to me:
Working in the ship is good for anybody,
But very far at home, and long time to go home.

4. And now I can't imagine,
I'm working in the ship, and go the places
That I see only in my dreams, oh-oh-oh.

5. And very soon I go home,
and take my vacation I'll stay at home
for few months and back again the ship,
and leave the home for long time.

Chorus
But I realise, nothing happen to me
So I change my life and take the chances
that the God give to me:
Working in the ship is good for anybody,

But very far at home, and long time to go home.
But very far at home, and long time to go home.
------------------------------------------------
'A cook on board' by Donald

1. First day, when I was on board
I get a little bit nervous.
And then the second mate familiarise to me
about all the safety and my duty.

2. Next day I started to work.
Doing my job as a cook on board.
Cleaning the galley, provisions and the pantry.
And preparing the food for the crew on board.

Chorus:
It's hard to be a cook on board.
Sometimes I meet people not so good.
And wake up early in the morning
to prepare the food.
But I love my job as a cook on board.

3. One day I sing in the galley
about the life in the sea.
Very far to home and the family.
But I need to sacrifice to make some money.

Chorus:
It's hard to be a cook on board.
Sometimes I meet people not so good.
And wake up early in the morning
to prepare the food.
But I love my job as a cook on board.
---------------------------------------
'My friend in Dana Gothia' by Donald

1. I had a friend, the name is Nasko
He came from in Bulgaria.
I met this guy on board in Dana Gothia.

2. And then I met, Mr. Georghita,
He came from in Romania.
Again I met this guy in Dana Gothia.

Chorus:
We are sailing across the ocean
Sometimes the weather is good,
and sometimes the weather very bad.
But we survive and work as a team in Dana Gothia.
I'm so proud to work these two guys on board.

3. There was a time in Ireland
I meet a guy a reefer man
He has some business to the crew in Dana Gothia.

And then I met brother Colin. He working in Seaman's Mission.
I meet him in Cork on board in Dana Gothia.

Chorus:
We are sailing across the ocean
Sometimes the weather is good,
and sometimes the weather very bad.
But we survive and work as a team in Dana Gothia.
I'm so proud to work this two guys on board.
=============================================